The chair's teaching and research are focused on the business administration of Multinational Companies. Typical topics discussed are:
- Selection of target countries for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Evaluation of the business environment in national markets
- Selection of the mode of entry
- Management of international subsidiaries
- Risk management for international operations
In order to analyse these topics, business administration issues have often to be complemented by insights into economics, sociology and cultural anthropology. Thus, international business research is approached on an interdisciplinary basis.
The chair targets on applied teaching and research in order to arrive at efficient international management decisions. In teaching, case studies are used to apply economic knowledge acquired in the basic lectures. Projects and master theses are conducted in cooperation with enterprises so actual management problems can be analysed and solved.
The lectures of the current term can be found in the university calendar.