Applied sciences in an international context: Are you a future executive? We will prepare you for the international career you are looking for – professionally and personally!
The Master of Arts International Management is a postgraduate, full-time study programme. You can complete it within three semesters. The programme features internationality, academic approach and application orientation. It targets
- graduates from a bachelor’s programme in international management who aim for advanced studies as well as
- students with a bachelor’s degree in business studies seeking specialisation in international management.
As a successful graduate from this master’s programme, you
- are able to look at business challenges from a global, holistic perspective,
- can act and make decisions as a determined executive in international enterprises in Germany or abroad,
- can consider the effects of operational, intercultural, ethical, social, legal and technical factors on a business and
- qualify for doctoral studies.
This is thanks to the modular, practice-oriented syllabus with a focus on international and research-oriented contents. In the compulsory modules, you acquire a solid general management qualification. The elective modules allow you to specialise in specific functions or industries.
The study programme follows a strong application-oriented, academic approach. It is designed to prepare you methodically for
- interesting job profiles, e.g. in international executive positions, or
- doctoral studies in Germany or abroad.
The language of instruction is partly English, partly German.
Career OptionsAs a graduate, you are qualified to take responsibility and work in executive positions in international enterprises or other organisations.
You have excellent career prospects in various fields in an international environment. You can become a specialist e.g. in marketing, human resources management or finance and controlling. Or you could workas a generalist inin-house or external consulting or in corporate development and planning. Alternatively, you could start your own business based on the knowledge and expertise acquired during the master’s programme.
- Principles of International Management
- Applied Global Economics and Country Analysis
- International Law and Compliance
- Quantitative Methods
- International Business Simulation
- Seminar and Cases: International Management
- Qualitative Methods
- Applied Company and Organisation Project
- Master’s Thesis
- International Human Resources Management
- International Finance and Risk Management
- International Marketing
- International Distribution and Supply Chain Management
Please check the module manual
for detailed information on the contents of the study programme.