The objective of the application-oriented master’s programme is to teach and develop comprehensive, scientifically based skills in communication and multimedia for market manage-ment – enabling you to take on executive functions in middle or senior management.
The programme provides subject-specific and methodological competence in communication and multimedia management. You acquire the skills to assume responsibility and fill execu-tive and decision-making positions in national and interna-tional markets.
You achieve these objectives by:
- attaining expertise in the areas of communication, multi-media and market management as well as knowledge of corporate and personnel management,
- completing case studies and project work on concrete problem cases from practice,
- writing a master’s thesis on practical issues, or even in cooperation with the industry.
In the context of this study programme, market management is understood as
- the holistic, problem-oriented, non-industry specific analysis and development of markets as well as
- the configuration of corporate structures and processes tailored for these markets.
It is truly unique that the programme combines market management, universally applicable across all sectors, with a focus on communication and multimedia.Please note:
The language of instruction is mainly German.
Career OptionsAs a graduate from the master’s programme, you can find employment across all sectors in enterprises of all sizes including national and international companies as well as in agencies, production companies, consultancies and service providers in communication, media and market management.
Concrete professional fields can be in central units and/or line functions in areas of specialisation such as corporate or mar-ket communication, multimedia applications, customer rela-tionship management, marketing, multichannel management, strategic market or corporate development and planning. A position as a generalist at management level is another career option. Alternatively, you could start your own business based on the knowledge and expertise acquired during the master’s programme.
- Theory of Science and Research Methodology
- Communication Management
- Multimedia Management
- Market Management
- Marketing Controlling and Big Data
- Business Planning in New Markets
- Corporate Communication | Brand Management and Brand Communication | Omnichannel Management | Media Production | Digital Leadership
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Project Module
- Master’s Thesis and Colloquium
Please check the module manual
for detailed information on the contents of the study programme.