Business analytics is a key support tool for corporate decision makers, which has a central role in business planning and controlling. Its core function is to extract information of relevance to a company’s management from both internal and external data sources. In this master’s programme, you learn the necessary strategic, organisational and technological skills for business analytics with a scientifically sound approach.
The programme’s aim is to enable you to look at business matters from an entrepreneurial perspective and
- develop data-related questions,
- identify and analyse suitable data and
- communicate relevant conclusions straight to the respective stakeholders.
The cross-industry and interdisciplinary approach empowers you to work on demanding specialist and executive tasks in both national and international markets.
The master’s programme Business Analytics is unique combining management content with universal cross-sector application of quantitative procedures and technological issues.
You learn concepts and theories in controlling and big data, compliance management and legal framework (liability and data protection legislation), IT support and applications, applied economic analysis, financial modelling and applied empirical research methods. In addition, you can choose industry-specific contents such as industry 4.0, marketing analytics, supply chain analytics as well as auditing and risk management.
Please note: The language of instruction is mainly German.
As a graduate from the MSc Business Analytics, you can work in various areas of different industries.
You are qualified for professional fields such as in-house consulting, business and data analysis, corporate consulting, market research, controlling, reporting, corporate develop-ment and planning.
The main aim of the programme is to enable you to take on executive responsibilities in the business environment.
You are not only qualified for a career as a specialist, but you can also work as a generalist in management. Alternatively, you could start your own business based on the knowledge and expertise acquired during the master’s programme.
- Controlling and big data
- IT support and applications in business analytics
- Advanced managerial economics
- Financial modelling
- Concepts and compliance management systems, current legal issues, in particular liability and data protection
- Value-oriented corporate governance, corporate social responsibility and sustainability reporting
- Geographical economics, competition policy
Semester(s) 3 or 3–4
- Specialisation module 1
- Project module
- Specialisation module 2
- Master’s thesis and colloquium
- Industry 4.0– Marketing analytics
- Supply chain analytics– Auditing and risk management
In case of a 3-semester programme, semester 4 is not applicable.
Please check the
for detailed information on the contents of the study programme.